The ART of LIFE Community Health Centre
Invites you to attend our
Tuesday, September 10, 2013
7:00 pm – 8:30 pm
You will get
information about unique diagnostic and treatment programs,
and an educational lecture:
Mindfulness - The Art of Living in the Moment
Lecturer: Lou Carcasole, B.Sc, M.B.A, M.Ed
The lecture will cover the following topics:
- What actually is mindfulness?
- Stress is at the root of all disease and you have the power to change it.
- Introduction to Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Program (MBSR) that allows to learn and integrate mind-body techniques sharpening your awareness and concentration, to uncover and strengthen your resources that are already within thus improve every aspect of your life.
- Introduction to Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Workshops to start transforming your Life into Art
- Introduction to new Mindfulness Programs: Mindfulness-Based program for teens (ADD/ADHD) and a new course “Parenting could be difficult – Mindfulness can help!” (the newest addition to our main Mindfulness course, created for hyperactive teenagers and their parents, and includes meditation in separate & combined groups.
• "MBRS for Teenagers will help them to reduce stress, to overcome the multitude of emotional and psychological challenges, including ADD/ADHD symptoms, and to enhance the skills of concentration, patience and performance at school.
• "Parenting is difficult - Mindfulness Can Help!" – program tailored for exhausted parents of "twice exceptional" children who are looking for a new perspective on handling work and family pressures with greater patience and understanding .
About Lou Carcasole, B.Sc, M.B.A, M.Ed
Lou Carcasole started his own Mindfulness training in 1987 with teacher Shinzen Young, an American meditation teacher and a Buddhist monk.
Lou began teaching Mindfulness in 1996and since then he has taught Mindfulness to thousands of people in the Toronto and GTA area.
In 1999, Lou trained with Jon Kabat-Zinn, PhD, the founder and director of the Stress Reduction Clinic at the University of Massachusetts Medical Center and he learned about the MBSR (Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Program). Based on Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn's renowned mindfulness-based stress reduction program, Lou began measuring results as objectively as possible, in attempt to quantify changes occurring as a result of the practicing Mindfulness. The results have always been positive, almost always impressive, and sometimes spectacular.
Transform Your Life into Art.
Don't miss the chance to help your children!
Location: The ART of LIFE Community Health Centre
Suite 121, 885 Don Mills Road, Toronto, ON M3C 1V9
If you need more information,
give a call to Ludmila at 416-449-6747
or send us an e-mail at email@example.com
or check our web-site: www.TheArtLife.ca
TheArtLife.ca/blog: Announcement: New Mindfulness for Health Programs: Art of Living for Teens and Parents